During the last month of challenging COVID 19 restrictions, we have been open to treat our patients’ medical eye conditions and emergencies. We are glad that Governor Abbott was able to order a reduction in COVID19 restrictions for health care practices and businesses in his April 27 update. As a result, we will begin resuming comprehensive eye exams as well as providing emergency eye care starting on Friday, May 1st.
The safety of our patients and staff will remain our highest priority. As a result, we will continue with the following precautionary measures:
- We will limit patient and staff scheduling to ensure social distancing within our office and comply with new occupancy guidelines.
- If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, trouble breathing, loss of smell or flu/cold like symptoms, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment to a time when you are no longer symptomatic.
- We will continue to have a locked door policy. Upon arrival for your appointment, we ask that you give us a call when you park. We will come out to your vehicle to go over a brief questionnaire and check your temperature. If your temperature is 99.6 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, we will reschedule your appointment and restrict your entry into the building.
- We will require face protection / mask to be worn at all times while in the building, and we ask our patients to bring their own protective gear.
- We will be limiting the number of patients inside the office, so we ask that you come by yourself to your appointment. Anyone other than the patient getting the exam must wait in the vehicle. If the patient needs a caregiver or guardian to assist, we will allow one (1) person in with them.
- We will continue dispensing materials during office hours as well through our curbside pick-up service. Please note that patients will be limited from entering the office to pickup purchases and orders.
- Our hours of operation for May 1st to May 15th will be:
Monday-Friday 10:00am – 6:00pm – to dispense materials
Monday-Friday 10:00am – 4:00pm – routine and medical exams
- We will reevaluate our office hours/procedures after May 15th as further updates are given.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during these trying times.
– The Doctors and Staff at Insight Eye Associates